Craig D. Friedel
Craig D. Friedel is an associate with the Firm and focuses his practice in trust and estate litigation and administration and business litigation. Mr. Friedel routinely represents heirs, beneficiaries, creditors, and private and professional fiduciaries involving all aspects of trusts and estates litigation including breach of fiduciary duty, lack of mental capacity, undue influence, unjust enrichment, duress, fraud, conversion, and quiet title actions. Mr. Friedel also has significant experience litigating trust and estate actions which involve complex financial issues, including those related to the allocation of investments, accounting discrepancies, valuation of businesses and other assets, improper distributions, sale of assets, estate and income taxes, etc. Mr. Friedel is particularly passionate regarding cases involving the financial abuse of the elderly. Mr. Friedel also has substantial experience litigating trust and estate disputes involving ranches and farms in rural Nevada which often have unique considerations to address related to AUMs, water rights, livestock, etc. Mr. Friedel also represents business owners in all facets of business litigation and handles real estate issues related to business and trust.
Mr. Friedel graduated cum laude from Brigham Young University. Thereafter, he attended UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law on a full three-year academic scholarship during which time he was an extern for Probate Commissioner Wesley Yamashita.
Mr. Friedel has been repeatedly voted a Nevada Business Legal Elite: Best Up and Coming Attorneys and is a member of The Howard D. McKibbin American Inn of Court, American Bar Association (Real Property, Estate and Trust Section), State Bar of Nevada, and Clark County Bar Association.
Mr. Friedel was born and raised in Las Vegas and is a third generation Nevadan. Mr. Friedel graduated as a Valedictorian from Coronado High School in Henderson, Nevada. In his free time, Craig D. Friedel enjoys hiking, traveling, playing sports, DIY projects, and spending quality time with his wife and three children.
- Eighth Judicial District Court, Commissioner Yamashita, Extern
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Juris Doctorate - 2015
- Honors: CALI Awards: Legal Writing, Transactional Drafting, and Statutory Interpretation
- Honors: Dean's List, 2014-2015
- Honors: International & Comparative Human Rights Law Practicum in New Delhi, India
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Bachelor of Science
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Biology
- Boy Scouts of America (Eagle Scout)
- Clark County Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- American Bar Association, Sections of Real Property, Trust and Estates
- The Howard D. McKibbin American Inn of Court, Associate
Current Employment Positions
- Eighth Judicial District Court Civil Practice “Cheat Sheet,” CCBA Communique Magazine, May 2017
- Eighth Judicial District Court Civil Practice “Cheat Sheet,” CCBA Communique Magazine- 2021 Update, May 2021
- The Mentally Ill Who Kill Go Unreported Still: Exploration of Potential Nevada NICS Reporting Reform, Nevada Law Journal, 2015
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch: Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Las Vegas (2021)
- Nevada Business – Legal Elite, Best Up and Coming Attorneys (2018, 2019)
- Rated “Excellent” on Avvo