Brian P. Eagan
Contact: Click here to Contact
Brian P. Eagan is a partner of the Firm, focusing primarily in fiduciary matters, including probate, trust and estate administration and related litigation. Mr. Eagan also negotiates and drafts premarital agreements and has a background in domestic relations law. He is admitted to practice in Nevada.
Mr. Eagan represents professional and private fiduciaries, creditors and beneficiaries, having successfully resolved disputes both in and out of court. Mr. Eagan assists trustees, personal representatives and administrators fulfill their legal obligations, and finds creative solutions to complex administrative matters in uncontested trust and estate proceedings. Mr. Eagan routinely appears before the Probate Court of the Nevada Eighth District Court. He has both prosecuted and defended will and trust contests and litigated issues of undue influence, competency and breach of fiduciary duty.
Mr. Eagan received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. Mr. Eagan also obtained his Juris Doctor degree from The American University, Washington College of Law, in Washington, D.C., where he served as the Managing Editor of The Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law. After law school, Mr. Eagan returned to his hometown of Las Vegas. He is a graduate of Bishop Gorman High School.
Mr. Eagan is an active member of the Probate and Trust Section of the Nevada State Bar and currently chairs the committee responsible for revising the probate rules for the Eighth Judicial District Court. Mr. Eagan also served on the executive committee of the LGBT Law Section for the Nevada State Bar, the Board of Directors of NevadaGIVES and the Las Vegas Steering Committee of the Human Rights Campaign. He is also a graduate of the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Las Vegas program.
SuperLawyers named Brian a Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney. Avvo also rated Brian a "Top Attorney" and gave him a "Superb" rating, and the Nevada Business Magazine has recognized Brian as one of the Legal Elite.
In his free time, Mr. Eagan enjoys spending time with his husband and their two young children.
Areas of Practice
- Trust & Estate Administration
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Premarital Agreements
- Nevada, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2005
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Juris Doctorate
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English Language & Literature
- Understanding the New Eighth Judicial District Court Probate Rules, Nevada State Bar
- Probate Hands-On! - An Interactive Workshop
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nevada State Bar Probate & Trust Section, 2010 - Present
- Clark County Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Nevada State Bar, LGBT Section, Executive Committee Member, 2013 - 2015
- Human Rights Campaign, Las Vegas Steering Committee, Member, 2013 - 2015
- Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce, Leadership of Las Vegas, Member, Class of 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Pro Bono Coordinator, 1999 - 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid of Southern Nevada, Volunteer, 2009 to 2012
- Clark County Bar Association, Member, Community Service Committee, 2010 to 2012